Two snack or dessert items that feature coconut manna (butter) or coconut oil for good brain and body food.
In a Nutri-Bullet type blender combine:
- 1 mango peeled and sliced off the pit (or 3/4 C of thawed room-temperature frozen mango cubes)
- the juice of one lime (if your lime is stingy, you’ll need two)
- 2 T of raw or real honey (local is best)
- 2 heaping T of coconut manna (coconut butter)
- 1/2 C of tepid water (i.e. not cold)
Blend all that in the Bullet until pureed. Be sure nothing is cold at this point- nor too warm – due to the coconut butter which will turn rock hard and not mix.
Taste this mixture before adding frozen fruit. It should be creamy, tasty, light, but not quite complete. Then add a handful of frozen strawberries (organic of course). Screw the lid on quickly and blend again.
Pour into small dessert dishes. 1/3 C portion is plenty. If the mixture is slightly thin, chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Everyone will love this mousse! It is healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
Combine in a bowl these dry ingredients:
- 1/2 C peanut powder
- 1/3 C your favorite protein powder (I use Garden of Life Raw Meal, cacao flavor and get it through iHerb.com
- 1/3 C collagen powder (I use Dr. Axe)
- 1/4 C quick oats (or two packets of oats)
- 1/4 C raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 C cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s 100% cocoa)
- 1/2 C pecans
Blend this mixture so that when you add the liquids, the batter blends evenly. Then add and stir in:
- 1/2 C melted coconut oil
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/4 C raw or real honey
When mixed, place in a loaf pan (no need to grease) and place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Take out, invert the pan onto a cutting board, and whack the block of set batter onto the cutting board. Cut into desired-size squares. These are packed with protein and a little goes a long way for taste and energy. Store in the fridge in a closed container.
*Note: due to the coconut oil as the binder, these will melt in warm temperatures and are not a good snack for lunch boxes. They are a great snack otherwise!!