September 12 from 8 am MT-3 pm MT will be our monthly day of meditation for the world and humanity. The sub-theme will be compassion.
What is compassion? Are there different types of compassion? Is compassion something that can be cultivated? Can I increase compassion in my mind and thoughts, emotions, and actions? Can compassion factually produce benefit in this troubled world?
The Day of Meditation is mostly meditation (no yoga sessions) and just enough visual presentations to move the theme through our meditations of Compassion, the World, and Humanity along .
Please note that you are welcome to come to part or all of the Day. Due to Zoom’s requirement of me to “admit” each person, please come and go during the scheduled sessions of meditation and breaks. Thank you. Remember everyone is muted and no video cams. Please do not unmute unless we are in a discussion period. No video cams at any time due to the variety of bandwith capacity of internet beginning with mine (satellite). Muchas gracias!
Here is the link to join. (It is the same as the June meditation retreat link, if you filed that for your convenience.)
The Day’s Schedule
- arrive for 8 am MT first meditation (that is 10 am ET/9 am CT/ 7 am PT)
- 8-10 am MT sittings plus opportunities to stretch the body
- 10-11 am MT outside contemplation and meditation
- 11:15 am MT one more meditation session before lunch
- noon-1 pm MT lunch
- 1-1:30 pm MT discussion/questions regarding meditation, loving-kindness, or related subjects
- 1:30-2 pm meditation
- short break to use as needed
- 2:30-3 pm MT closing meditation
Strong suggestion:those joining through a tablet or computer, please log in via the link above and do not log out when you walk away for any reason. That way, you will not need to be readmitted when you return.