We’re in the final two week’s of discussion of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. I think we all have enjoyed this deep excursion into the rishi, Patanjali’s, comprehensive teaching on life, the spiritual path, meditation, and Reality.
The Eight Means to, or Eight Limbs of, Yoga incorporate every aspect of being human, as well as the nature of matter and perception. The relation between Patanjali’s teaching and that of Buddha Shakyamuni is easy to see. I bow to both.
We used this online Sanskrit to English translation during this discussion in addition to Alice Bailey’s Light of the Soul.
- LOS book 4 sutra 18 understanding the mechanism of perception and the patterns of thought it is based upon
- LOS book 4 sutra 18b mind, chitta, patterning, consciousness
- LOS book 4 sutra 19 the development of the third eye
- LOS book 4 sutras 20 & 21
- LOS book 4 sutra 22 consciousness stilled can perceive more correctly