Patanjali is among the world’s great teachers. His Yoga Sutras are timeless and give a non-religious system for achieving inner union. That system includes seven branches of yoga (yoga means union or to yoke together). We use Alice Bailey’s commentary, The Light of the Soul, as the platform for discussion of the Raja Yoga aspect of the Yoga Sutras. Our discussions always have integration of the spiritual path AS one’s life as the focus. This week’s discussion took up the last few sutras in Book 2 of four books to the Sutras.
- Light of the Soul, Book 2, sutra 51 vibration and establishing the first four Means to yoga
- Light of the Soul, Book 2, sutra 51 cont. quiescence, equalibrium, and integration
- Light of the Soul, Book 2, sutra 51 cont. buddhi and the Christ force
- Light of the Soul, Book 2, Vivekananda and chitta
- Light of the Soul, Book 2, sutra 52, 53 establishing the light of mind
- Light of the Soul, Book 2, sutra 54 defining pratyaharaLight of the Soul, Book 2, sutra 55 life application
The Light of the Soul by Alice Bailey: Here is a PDF of it.
For next Sunday, please read Sutras 1-6 of Book 3.