Book 2 of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali give the practitioner the method whereby to gain union. Union is accomplished through various subsets of right relation beginning with one’s livingness (fiery aspiration), one’s mind and awareness (spiritual reading), and one’s dedication to achieve betterment (devotion to Ishvara). Alice Bailey’s commentary on Sutras 1-4 is clear and informative. We added some thoughts.
- Kathy begins with a question regarding Bhakti yoga, heart, and 4th degree initiation per what Bailey writes in Sutra 1 of Book II. LOS book 2 sutra 1a
- My response begins with a few thoughts on the maturation and evolution of the schools of Yoga. Also mind during the Atlantean root race. LOS book 2 sutra 1b
- A little on the Yugas and the Great Year. See below for additional links to videos on the subject. LOS book 2 sutra 1 c
- pg.123: fiery aspiration, spiritual reading, devotion to Ishvara LOS Book 2 page 123, fiery asp, spiritual read, devot to Ish
- sutra 2 related to Book 1 sutras 3 & 4 LOS Book 2 sutra 3 and back to Book 1
- sutra 3 & 4: avidya, and pg. 126 list of seeds carried from life to life LOS Book 2 sutra 3, 4, seeds carried from life to life